Can I show you something...

 Eating healthy doesn't have to be a bland, boring struggle. All your favorite chefs have websites full of wonderful, flavorful ideas that can fit within your healthy eating plan.
Today is day 5 of our Clean 9 cleanse, and I must tell you yesterday was a STRUGGLE. I had such awful chocolate cravings  and I was so close to having some Lindt White chocolate and almond {that's open, in my fridge and calling my name all week} but the thought of the paper making noise and alerting the hubby, thus disappointing him and myself kept me on point. So tonight as its Friday I wanted to have something a bit special.
I had saved these to my Instagram collections a few weeks back knowing it'd come in handy and at only 277 calories these Asian fishcakes from Jamie Oliver's book Quick and Easy Foods come well within our program guidelines of a 600 calorie meal, which we rounded out with a side salad from the free foods list and some baked sweet potato wedges from the cleanse work book. I've adapted it slightly as I used my mini food processor instead of hand chopping cause well I'm lazy like that!

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/salmon-recipes/quick-asian-fishcakes/


1 stick of lemongrass
6 cm piece of ginger
½ a bunch of fresh coriander
500 g salmon fillets , skin off, pin-boned
4 teaspoons chilli jam

Remove the outer layer from the lemongrass. You may need to beat it on the countertop to break through. Peel and chop the ginger into 1 cm chunks. Add ginger, the inside of the lemongrass and most of the coriander to food processor. Chop in short bursts to avoid pureeing. Chop the salmon into 1cm chunks add to the food processor season with sea salt and pepper, then chop, again in short bursts. Divide mixture into 4, then shape and squash into 2cm thick patties.

Place a large non-stick frying pan on a medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook the patties for 2 minutes on each side until nicely golden. Spoon the chilli jam over the fishcakes, add a drop of water to the pan, turn off the heat and swirl pan to coat fishcakes.

For the sweet potato wedges simply peel and chop, coat with cooking spray, season with chili powder and baked at 200/400 for 30minutes, until tender.
For more low calorie meal inspo check out this post and remember as a wise person once said "if you think wellness is expensive, try illness".
 If you wanna keep up with us on the program pop on over to Instagram or if your a facebook lover you can find us hereWe are also pinning for our dream home {oh five year plan, hurry up already} here.
Michelle xxx

Comments

Popular Posts