Summer Coolers

https://www.facebook.com/michellenituama/


Happy Sunday peeps, popping in quickly to share these summer coolers. 
I'm up to my tonsils in stuff!! Clearing out the apartment is proving harder then I expected and its hot as hell. I'm in need of something cool but I don't want to sacrifice the work I've done over the last couple weeks on the Betty Rocker 30 day meal plan but a girl needs treats, right! 

In these two, fresh fruit is combined with my protein powder or Agri+ sachets to boost the nutritional value without hitting the calorie count, and they are so easy to make, I have an apple sorbet in the freezer as I type. By the time I get done with apartment it will be ready to go!!



Apple Protein Sorbet

1 scoop vanilla Forever Lite Ultra
8 fl. oz. unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp almond butter
1 banana, chopped and frozen
4 oz. unsweetened applesauce
1 medium apple diced
1/3 tsp cinnamon
1/3 tsp ground nutmeg
1/3 tsp all spice
3-4 ice cubes

Mix together the Forever Lite Ultra with the almond milk until smooth.
Add half the diced apple and Forever Lite Ultra mix to a blender along with all the other ingredients and blend until thick and smooth.
Pour into a large bowl and stir in the remaining apple pieces. Place bowl in the freezer for 1.5 hours and stir every 30 minutes.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy.



Blueberry Berry Ice


1/3 cup sugar
8 fl. oz. water mixed with 1 Argi+ sachet
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
2 cups blueberries

 Fresh blueberries and sprigs of mint for garnish


Add the blueberries, sugar, honey, lemon zest and juice into a large bowl and stir to mix the ingredients together before mashing with a potato masher.
Place the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
Sieve into a bowl, pressing the mixture through to get maximum juice
and stir in a made-up Argi+.
Place the mixed ingredients straight into the freezer and stir regularly until frozen. Once frozen, blast quickly in a blender to create a smoother consistency if that's your thing.
Serve sorbet with fresh blueberries and a sprig of mint.


I'm so looking for to sitting down to enjoy this later, if you give it a try tag me in your pictures @michellenituama I'd love to see your versions. Enjoy the rest of your weekend what ever you get up to.


As always you can keep up to date with our antics on Instagram and Facebook or follow on PinterestTwitter and Bloglovin for updates.


Michelle xxx



                        
Recipes adapted from Aloe matters magazine.
















Comments

Popular Posts