Gluten Free Mini Apple Pie



These beauties came about because I had some leftover stewed apples in the freezer from a apple strudel attempt id made a few weeks back. The pastry didn't turn out well hence I never shared it. I was fed up looking at the container in the freezer and decided to give this quick and easy nut pastry from Bette Hagman's "The Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Comfort Foods" book I'd gotten a while back. It really is quick to make but is delicate so needs TLC. I rolled it between two sheets of wax paper and carefully cut and inverted each piece into the tin. Like all good things it was worth the effort in the end.

Crust
1 cup of ground almond
1/4 cup of icing sugar
2 tbsp. Chilled Butter
1 and a half tbsp. cream


Pre Heat oven to 425. Mix all the ingredients until the dough clumps together in a ball. Chill for 15 minutes before rolling between two pieces of wax paper. Carefully cut enough pastry disc for the top and bottom of your pies, and place half the pasty discs into the tin. Bake blind for 8-10 minutes.



The apples as I said I had left over but for the stewing process I used 6 apples, peeled cored and chopped and placed in a heavy based pan. To this I added 2 tbsp. off sugar, a pinch each of nutmeg and cinnamon and a tablespoon of water.
Mix well and cook over a medium heat for about five minutes, the apple will start to dissolve and become fluffy. Cook until the apple is fluffy but a few chunks are still visible. Taste and add more sugar if you think you need it. Leave it to cool then spoon into the blind baked cases



Top with your remaining pasty disc's ensure the sides are joined all around to avoid leakage. I used a fork to crimp them. Egg was lightly and bake for 10-15 minutes until browned nicely. Mine could of done with a few more minutes but you guys will know yourself what color is good for you.



Allow to cool on a wire rack if you can talk yourself into leaving them alone that long. The mister was well impressed with these. Even my uncle mick who once complained that I made apple tarts to Sour (and I've never let him forget it) would like these. No sourness, just delicious tasty mini apple pies.







Hope your all having a wonderful week. We mailed our invites this week. I'll be sharing that soon. The time is flying by now, cant believe its only four months away. Take Care

Michelle xxx



Sharing with





















































Comments

Popular Posts